Dark Chocolate Donuts
Do you like DONUTS? Of course you do!
I love to eat donuts once in a while. It is easy and low cost to grab a donut at the donut shop, but I prefer to eat my home made donuts because they are gluten free & dairy free, plus all ingredients are high in antioxidants and essential nutrients that support my digestive system and healthy mitochondria. Also they are DELICIOUS!
Let’s make DONUTS!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup swerve
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (over 70%)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and mix well together then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Pour the mixture of wet ingredient in dry ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Pour the batter about 3/4 full in each of donut cups evenly (make 6-8 donuts in depends on the size of donut pan)
- Bake the donuts 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven to melt the dark chocolate.
- Remove donuts and melted the chocolate from the oven.
- Add 1 tbsp. honey and 2 tbsp. coconut oil in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Remove the donuts from the donut pan.
- Dip the top of each donut into the chocolate glaze one by one.