Crispy Quinoa Squares
This ''Crispy Quinoa Squares'' is a SUPER heathy snack. that I'd love to share with you. Usually, I eat this snack around my workout time. ( before my workout or after my workout)
If you are on TKD, CKD, or gluten free and dailry free Diet, this yummy snack will satisfy your craving and it will provide healthy macronutrients that your body needs daily. .
My clients commented that their kids love it and kids choose Crispy Quinoa Sqaures over processed junk snacks and desserts!
•1 teaspoon cold-pressed coconut oil
•1/4 cup coconut syrup
•1/4 cup raw honey
•2 tablespoon cashew butter (or almond butter)
•3 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
•4 cups puffed quinoa
•1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds, crushed walnut)
•1/2 cup chopped dates
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Add coconut syrup, honey, and cashew butter. Stir until bubbly.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract.
3. Add remaining ingredients (puffed quinoa, dates, seeds) and mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Press into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan and press mixture flat. ( I use parchment paper to cover then press it evenly)
5. Let set the mixture in a refrigerator about 15-20 minutes.
6. Cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.
Tips: Cut them into a bite size for kids. ( about 24 pieces)
- Makes 16 squares
- 120 Calories/ sqaure
- Fat (g): 2
- Carbs (g): 22
- Protein (g): 7